Press Pass Annual Membership
Press Pass annual memberships support the Newseum and its mission to provide millions of visitors with a deeper understanding of the unique and critical role the First Amendment plays in the nation's history, its present and its future. Join today and receive the following benefits:
- Unlimited free admission for a full year
- Priority seating at Newseum programs
- Invitations to special member events
- 10 percent discount in the Newseum Store and Food Section
- 15 percent discount on lunch at The Source by Wolfgang Puck
- Advance notice of cutting-edge programs
- Close-up look at the artifacts and images that made history
- $5 discount on guest tickets (purchased on-site on day of visit)
• For one person of any age.
• For two people of any age living at the same address.
• For two adults and up to four children (ages 18 and under) living at the same address.
Enhance your experience with even MORE benefits!
All Family Press Pass Membership benefits, plus:
- Two general-admission guest passes
- Invitation for two to one special event
- First Amendment keepsake box
- 10% discount on Birthday Party and NewsMania™ experiences
- Recognition on the Newseum website
All Contributing Press Pass Membership benefits, plus:
- Two more general-admission guest passes (four total)
- Private weekday tour for up to four people
- Invitation to a private gallery talk with a Newseum curator
Press Pass memberships are valid for one year from the date of purchase.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Press Pass?
Press Pass is the name of the Newseum's annual membership program that is available to all members of the public — not just members of the press.
Do I have to be a current or former journalist to be a Press Pass member?
No. Press Pass annual memberships are available to everyone.
When will I get my Press Pass membership card?
All Press Pass members will receive their new cards by mail within four weeks of renewing or joining. If you choose to visit before receiving your card, visit the admissions desk to receive a temporary membership card.
What happens if I forget my Press Pass card?
If you forget your Press Pass card during a Newseum visit, simply present your driver's license or other government-issued photo identification at the admission desk.
May I lend my Press Pass card to a friend?
No. Press Pass cards can be used only by the cardholder.
May I bring a guest when I use my Press Pass?
Members may purchase discounted tickets on-site on the day of the visit for guests accompanying them. The discount is $5 per ticket.
When does my Press Pass membership expire?
Press Pass memberships are valid for one year from the date of purchase
Does my Press Pass card expire along with my membership?
Yes. Press Pass cards expire when your membership expires.
Can I buy a membership for a friend or relative?
Yes. You may purchase a membership as a gift by checking the 'I wish to give a gift of membership' box on our 'Join Now' page. Membership information will be mailed to the recipient.
Will the expiration date on my membership change if I upgrade early?
Yes. We will extend your membership for an additional year from the date of upgrade.
Is my membership tax-deductible?
Yes. All membership contributions are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law. Please consult your mailed confirmation letter for detailed information regarding tax deductibility.