Some benefits of being a volunteer are:
- Continuing education on Newseum exhibits and content for life-long learners.
- Interaction with people from around the world.
- Being ‘in the know’ at one of the city’s most popular museums.
- Meeting motivated people who share common interests.
- Receiving discounts in the Food Section, Newseum stores and The Source by Wolfgang Puck.
- Free annual allocation of tickets.
- Invitations/discounts for special events.
- Invitation to Volunteer and Operations Departments events.
- If you itemize deductions on your taxes, you may be able to claim a tax deduction for transportation costs—including Metro, VRE, Marc and parking/gas expenses.