Security Policy/Building Rules
We hope you enjoy your visit to the Newseum. To ensure that all visitors have a safe and fun experience, everyone will be subject to security screening. Please be prepared to remove all objects from your pockets and place them in the bins provided. All purses, bags and backpacks should be open for inspection. Thank you for your cooperation.
- Photography: Photography without flash and digital filming with smartphones or tablets are encouraged in most parts of the Newseum. Please make sure the flash is turned off when taking any photos to protect the artifacts. Photography and filming of any kind are not allowed in the News Corp. News History Gallery and Newseum theaters. When sharing your photos online, be sure to include #newseum.
- Smoking: The Newseum is a tobacco-free facility. Smoking is strictly prohibited.
- Pets: Only service animals are allowed inside the building.
- Weapons: Weapons of any type are strictly prohibited.
- Food: Outside food and drink may not be consumed in the Newseum.
- Banners: Posters, signs or placards with attached handles and/or larger than 11" x 15" are not permitted. Banners of any size are prohibited without prior approval from the Newseum. Solicitation is strictly prohibited.